[nv-l] netviewd

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] netviewd
From: desocio@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:00:46 -0400

If netviewd will not run as a daemon, the highest likely problem is there is no virtual frame buffer.
Are you starting netviewd with ovstart or netnmrc?
You should see the following in your process table if starting netviewd by netnmrc:

/usr/bin/X11/X -vfb -n :2

This gets there via netnmrc running the script /usr/OV/bin/startXvfb, which you could run yourself, but netnmrc is recommended.

Regards,
Geo.

Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows Support, IBM Software Group

----- Forwarded by George deSocio/Raleigh/IBM on 08/02/2002 11:51 AM -----
"Gallagher, Bob" <bob.gallagher@firstcitizens.com>

08/02/2002 11:35 AM