[nv-l] Migrating the DB from 6.0.3 to 7.1.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Migrating the DB from 6.0.3 to 7.1.2
From: "Kenney, Jack" <jkenney@jhancock.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:27:35 -0400
Has anyone on this list heard of, or know of a way to migrate a Netview
6.0.x database to 7.1.x format without doing a full product upgrade?  IBM's
official position on this is that the upgrade is the only path.  We'd like
to build a scratch install on v7.1.2 on a separate server, test it, then
roll our production 6.0.3 database into the new install after the fact, and
we'd like to be able to do that more than once.  We want to avoid upgrading
over 6.0.3 if we can.  We'd also like to take advantage of 7.1.x ability to
be installed independent of the Framework, and we can't do that if we need
to upgrade from our 'Framework-Installed' v6.0.3 production environment.

We are currently running Netview v6.0.3 on Solaris 2.6, migrating to NV
7.1.2 on Solaris 8.

Thanks

Jack Kenney, MCP+I, MCSE
Consultant