RE: [nv-l] Web based event browser

To: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Web based event browser
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejan.mijailovic@inquent.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:22:45 -0400
I have got it.

Basically, problems with Web Based Event Browser is still there, and I don't
know why. I will have to deal with support.
I thing that is a support issue, for sure.

Regarding, OID to doted number to doted name translation for VARBINDS in Web
Based Event Browser,
This is what I did.

ASN .1 for that mib file was written for SNMP V2.
I have compiled the ASN .1 MIB file using Web/Java based MIB Compiler "Web
Based MIB Loader".
        --it didn't work. The trap VARBINDS in Web Based Event Browser were not
translated to names.
I have compiled the ASN .1 MIB file using xnmloadmib2.
        --again, didn't work. No trap VARBINDS in Web Based Event Browser
translated to names.
I had to redo the ASN .1 file and I removed all V2 stuff so I made from it
ASN .1 for V1 and used Good Old xnmloadmib to compile it. I got it compiled
to SNMPMIB.BIN.
        --Yes, it worked. WEB BASED EVENT BROWSER started converting VARBINDS
from
doted number to doted names.

Based on this, Web Event Browser reads SNMPMIB.BIN, and If you want to se
VARBINDS from doted numbers to names, you must compile you MIB file to
SNMPMIB.BIN.

Regards

Dejan Mijailovic