Re: [nv-l] Alternative to nvColToSQL for DB2?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Alternative to nvColToSQL for DB2?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:40:41 -0400
I just use the nvColToSQL command once for every instance-file that I
want to dump, with no problems. I thought the problem was not the
size of the files but the number of parameters, which is dependant
on the number of instance being collected.

Detroit

                      don.turrentine@am

                      south.com                To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                               cc:

                      08/13/2002 10:22         Subject:  [nv-l] Alternative to
nvColToSQL for DB2?
                      AM

I am using NV 7.1.1 on AIX, DB2 7.1 on AIX (separate server), and Framework
3.7.1 .  nvColToSQL chokes when dumping snmpCollect data to DB2 via the RIM
object.  I am using the dataPush script from the TDS files to push the info
into DB2.  Most of my collections are every two hours, some are every hour.
I am running dataPush every two hours in an effort to make the collect
files smaller.  I continue to get tons of errors in the dblog file along
with the "Successfully transferred ...".  I would like to know if anyone
has any SQL scripts to push this data into DB2 without messing with the RIM
object.

Thanks,

Don Turrentine
AmSouth Bank