Re: [nv-l] Status Monitoring only with MLM - netview has no access to "

Subject: Re: [nv-l] Status Monitoring only with MLM - netview has no access to "MLM-Networks"
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:10:59 +0100
Have you configured your netmon daemon to use MLM?  Does your MLM monitor
nodes beyond it's own network?  If not, then the alias tables should have
been built automatically and netmon should have stopped polling them.  If
you don't want them polled at all by netmon, create a SmartSet of those
nodes / networks and then customise the SNMP polling configuration to
status poll every 5 years (or some such).  I would use netmon -a 12 and
check /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace to see whether any nodes are still on the
ping list and when they will next be pinged.

Cheers,
Jane