Re: [nv-l] Nothing response for "Toos->Telnet"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Nothing response for "Toos->Telnet"
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:46:49 -0400
I don't have a Windows NetView to check with, but as I recall on AIX,
the telnet registration file used xterm to run the command, and AIX
systems with only Aixterm installed would seem to have no response from
the menu pulldown running in the background, but if run in foreground
you'd get a message about "xterm not found".  You might want to check
the registration file for the telnet command and try running the command
there from the command line to see whether there's an instuctive
message.