[nv-l] snmp proxy for aix

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] snmp proxy for aix
From: "Matthias Wendig" <matthias.wendig@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:01:51 +0200
Hello,

 my environment where the netview is placed doesn't have access
to some networks so I set up a MLM in one of these networks for
polling. I imported the nodes via loadhost and customized the MLM
smartset - everything is working, the MLM is able to poll the nodes
and gives the status to the netview. But it would be very nice if
we would be able to make snmp queries from the netview to the nodes
that cannot be reached directly. I would use a "Proxy to access Target",
(that can be configured in Netview->Options->SNMP Configuration)
I think that would be the solution, but I have no idea what kind of
software I need for that?

=> where can I find a snmp proxy forwarding agent for aix??

thanks for every hints

greetings

matthias