[nv-l] Does wpostemsg causes stress to NetView server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Does wpostemsg causes stress to NetView server
From: anand anupam <ananda@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:20:12 +0530

Hi,

We are having NetView 6.0.2 on AIX4.3.3 which is being integrated to TEC.

We started with postemsg command to send alerts to TEC but now we wanted to do wpostemsg instead of postemsg just to take care of missed events when TEC is not available. As wpostemsg will queue the events when TEC is not available and will deliver when TEC becomes available.

My concern is that wpostemsg will further stress the NetView server which is already having performance issues. Can anybody suggest is wpostemsg will really stress the NetView or not? And if yes, what is the work around?

Thanks,
Anupam

The information contained in this message is BPCL's Confidential and Proprietary information and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, he/she is hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of its content is strictly prohibited.  In such case, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system.  Further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of BPCL.