Re: [nv-l] Does wpostemsg causes stress to NetView server

To: anand anupam <ananda@bharatpetroleum.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Does wpostemsg causes stress to NetView server
From: bcoley@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:42:04 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Sorry, I don't think I read your original message closely enough.  Yes,
wpostemsg will use more CPU and storage since it is using the framework.
If that is a problem, the solution may be to use nvserverd (it uses EIF
which
caches events, but it does not use the framework), or to upgrade your
netview server system.  I don't think the difference between postemsg
and wpostemsg is that significant, but it is hard to say without knowing
how bad your performance situation already is, how many events you
are sending to TEC, etc.

Regards,
Brett