[nv-l] incorrect seral connection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] incorrect seral connection
From: "Swen Jedlicka" <Swen.Jedlicka@nbg.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:25:15 +0200
Hello,

NetView 7.1 , Windows 2000:

In our network we have a serial line (ppp, x.21)  between two IBM
routers (ibm2210).
Netview shows this connection as a network symbol, not as a serial
line.

A serial line between 2 cisco routers is shown properly as a serial
line.

The difference between the router types is the iftype from the
serial interface.
Cisco routers have iftype 23 and the IBM routers have iftype 64.

Under NetView for Unix (AIX or Solaris) i have the possibility to
change the symbol for this serial connection (for this iftype)
in the file if_to_sym.

Under NetView for NT  i don't find this file.

Are there any other possibilities to control the symbol creation
based on the iftype ?

kind regards

Swen

Mit freundlichen Gruessen