[nv-l] Switch Analyzer and MLM questions...

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Switch Analyzer and MLM questions...
From: "Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:39:40 +0200
I am planning to implement a MLM on NT 4 (which will communicate with AIX 4.3.3
and NV 7.1.2)
to monitor objects behind a fire-wall. The Fire-Wall does not let ping or snmp
packets through.

What will I be able to see through that MLM? Will I see a mini topology layout,
or just a collection
of objects. Will the switch analyzer be able to see what is happening behind
the firewall? I have
not done this before, so I have no idea what to expect...

Tips / experience / insights more than welcome.

Thanks & regards,
Kevin Gow
CREDIT SUISSE FINANCIAL SERVICES