Re: [nv-l] Networks Isolated from the Router

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Networks Isolated from the Router
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:09:15 -0400
I'm just guessing here, but I would try demandpoll on both ends and see
what happens.
When you say it is isolated, I presume that means that there is no
(longer) a connection line showing.
Well, in order to draw a connection, NetView must know both ends of the
link and the only way he can do that is if he has SNMP access to both
ends.  If you lose SNMP access (community name changes perhaps) then the
link will be removed.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Santosh R Karekar" <skarekar@in.ibm.com>
09/11/2002 06:44 AM