[nv-l] Shift_in Shift_out & Continuous, Auditable Network Management

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Shift_in Shift_out & Continuous, Auditable Network Management
From: john.j.mackney@accenture.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:20:15 +0100
The Administrators guide talks about setting up Continuous, Auditable
Network Management, which if I understand it correctly means creating one
operator account and having the operators log in and out of it with the
Shift_in and Shift_out function.

The only other description of this appears in the User's Guide for
Beginners, where it states that to:

Performing Shift In/Shift Out Operations
1. Select Options from the menu bar.
2. Click the appropriate Shift in/Shift out task.

This option does not exist on my 7.1.2 console! and it can't be talking
about the WEB Console because there is no Options on the menu bar!

The guide shipped with NetView is V7.1 It doesn't say anything about it
being discontinued in the 7.1.2 release notes.
Does anyone know if this function is still supported and how it works?

John

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.