RE: [nv-l] Netview on Windows

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview on Windows
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:05:16 +0100
Jane,

I've not been following this thread, but just picked up on the netmon -a
12 bit....this was my 1st "crossover" command & after that I realised
the world is "shifted" on the NT side of NV..

On NT you can do the same thing (saying this without an Unix
comparision) by using netmonaction 11 or netmonaction 12.  I didn't
spirit these from the ether (although I'd so love to claim I "just knew"
;-) ), they were on the mailing list archive.

Btw.  On the snmpodump & epoch thing, I did this today which worked ok -
it's a slice of some thing that feeds an RRD database hence the epoch
times. This is using the output from snmpodump -p -T.

use Time::Local;
#    BandwidthUtilHdx 1                  10.x.x.254  09-12-2002.09:42:49
61 0.160
($probe, $probe_arg, $node, $endtime, $period, $value) = split(/\s/);

# Change the time to an epoch offset which is used by reporting
($dt, $tm) = split(/\./, $endtime);
($mon,$mday,$year) = split(/\-/,$dt);
$mon--; # $mon is a 0 based array i.e. 0..11 - I'm not telling you how
many times this got me ...grrrr ;)
($hours, $min, $sec) = split(/\:/, $tm);
$epoch_time = timelocal($sec,$min,$hours,$mday,$mon,$year);

Sorry - I'm nv 7.1.2 & w2k sp2 just in case.

Karl

Karl Prinelle
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Elyzium Ltd
Enterprise Systems Management Consultants
Mobile: +44 (0)7813 189198
Email: Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk
http://www.elyzium.co.uk

---
Elyzium Disclaimer:

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the
information, or take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or
employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any
attachment but please notify the sender (above) deleting this message
from your system. Please rely on your own virus check no responsibility
is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus
infection.

---