Re: [nv-l] authenticationFailure trap received from enterprise cisco

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] authenticationFailure trap received from enterprise cisco
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:41:58 +1000
The last identifier in the OIDs, which is not being resolved by your
browser, is the Cisco Product identifier.

48 is the identifier for cisco7505.

If your browser is not resolving these, you need to load
CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB, which defines these.

If you do not have it on your NetView system you can get it from Cisco 's
web site or I can email you a copy.

However, that will not solve your problem.

If you can do SNMP Gets from NetView to the 7505 and get the values back
without any problem as you say, and the trap says the unauthenticated
requests are coming from your NetView server, are you running any other
network management application on the same server?