Re: [nv-l] netview.baroc and netview.rls

To: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview.baroc and netview.rls
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:50:52 -0400

Yes, FP02 and FP03 contain the same netview.rls (v 1.1) and netview.baroc files. It is also true that a new netview.rls (v 1.1.1) is shipped with NetView 7.1.2 and there is a script, "updnvrules.sh" which is suppose to assist with the updating of the existing netview.rls layed down by the TEC fixpacks. However this script should be examined first as it may not apply to environments which are already customized.......

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>

09/23/2002 12:09 PM

Thanks Gareth,
Are the netview files shipped with TEC FP03 exactly the same as those shipped with TEC FP02?

As JT Edwards also pointed out to me, netview.rls is also shipped on the NetView 7.1.2 CD under the TEC directory, but it is V1.1.1 whereas the version with TEC FP02 is 1.0 - the only difference seems to be a bunch of rules to do with Switch Analyzer.  There is no baroc file shipped with the NetView 7.1.2 CD though.

Might I suggest that both baroc and rules files be updated with both products as we go forward over the next few months??

Cheers,
Jane

Gareth Holl wrote:

Yes, they are also installed with TEC 3.7.1 Fixpack 3 (FP03)

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer

gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>

09/23/2002 10:00 AM

       Subject:        [nv-l] netview.baroc and netview.rls

Someone (sorry - can't remember who!) asked in the last month where the
new netview.rls and netview.baroc are with NetView 7.1.2 and I responded

saying they were in /usr/OV/conf.

Sorry - that's wrong.  They are no longer shipped with NetView but with
TEC (FP02 and, I think, FP03).  nvserverd.rls and baroc have now

disappeared from both NetView and TEC.

Apologies for misleading,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565