RE: [nv-l] a question about backup

To: "Gareth Holl" <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] a question about backup
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejan.mijailovic@inquent.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:40:28 -0400
Cc: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Hi Gareth.

What I need is to replace my Sun server. And I have a lot's of custom config stuff, custom scripts in /usr/OV/bin, oid_to_whatever,..a lot's of ARF add-ons. LRFs mibExpr.conf....and a lot more.
I think if I make OV.back.v7r1 and then use cp -r, that will do it. Is this what NetView does during migration, or something else?
Also, I was thinking to TAR C the whole thing and making up one big OV.tar.
Basically what I need is the best way of backing up the whole Netview and restoring it on different box. of course with the same IP, SNMP Community...
What is the best way to do this, and what are the best practices?

Regards

Dejan Mijailovic