[nv-l] NetView for UNIX, AIX to Solaris?

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NetView for UNIX, AIX to Solaris?
From: "Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:35:37 +0100
I have a situation now where I will be installing NetView 7.1.3 on a Solaris
machine.
My main NetView is on AIX. Do any folks on this list run a "mixed NetView" shop?
I am wondering if I can somehow take all my customizations on the AIX side
(7.1.2)
and apply them to the NetView on Solaris (7.1.3). This will save a load of file
editing
if it can be done.  (The Solaris NetView is in a DMZ and will have no
connection to
the AIX NetView whatsoever. I cannot even FTP between the 2 machines, so I will
have to tar some files and phsically copy them to the new box via a CD or a
tape,
if I can "transfer" the settings.)

Anyone tried something like this before, or been in a similar situation that
can give
me some pointers as to what to watch out for?

Cheers,
Kevin.

--
Kevin Gow