Re: [nv-l] NetView for UNIX, AIX to Solaris?

To: "Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView for UNIX, AIX to Solaris?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:23:27 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
NetView for Solaris and AIX and virtually identical as far as user
customization and maps go.  Why not just do a migration install on the
Solaris machine?  Use serversetup Maintain --> Backup Selective Data to
make a backup copy of your current NetView (ALL.USER should preserve your
customizations).  This will create a new directory structure
/usr/OV.back.v7r1.  Tar up that and move it to your Solaris machine.  Then
do an upgrade install on Solaris.  NetView will find the backup directory
and merge your customizations from the AIX system into the new Solaris
one.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com>
10/30/2002 06:35 AM