[nv-l] WEB Console View Refresh

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] WEB Console View Refresh
From: john.j.mackney@accenture.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:15:55 +0100
I'm having trouble understanding why my WEB Console view is not refreshing.

I copied my default map to a map called NetView_WEBview.
I then altered the file /usr/OV/lrf/netviewd.lrf to contain the command

     -ro, -map NetView_WEBview

Then I executed the following commands:
ovaddobj /usr/OV/netviewd.lrf
ovstart netviewd

When I open the WEB console I see in the list of available maps:
NetView_WEBview Read-Only
as expected.

If the netview configuration changes, the maps  on the system console get
updated if they are open Read-Write, or get updated if I refresh them when
open Read-Only. However, the WEB console view does not change, the refresh
Icon is dimmed, and the command Submap, Refresh Data is greyed out.

The only way I have found to refresh the map is to execute the following
commands:
ovstop netviewd
ovstart netviewd

What's going on?

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.