AW: [nv-l] HSRP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: [nv-l] HSRP
From: Michel.Grossenbacher@coop.ch
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:56:51 +0200
Yes its exactly the same, same config, same interface addresses and same
hardware, only difference is the Hostname and the physical location, but
NetView doesnt even see the slave router. We maintain another tool for those
switches, called Extreme Networks EPICenter, which recieves the traps and
generates the events/alarms. Not even this tool would see if they changed the
status without those traps.
They were trying to configure an additional NMS VLAN but this is another story
8)

I think syslog messages/traps are the way to go in such scenarios.