Re: [nv-l] Cannot execute xnmloadmib2

To: colin.quadros@citicorp.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cannot execute xnmloadmib2
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:59:27 -0600
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
In 7.1 xnmloadmib2 was deprecated.  It is no longer available on the
NetView GUI menu, and hence, no longer available to secure users.  You
will either have to execute the command with security turned off or  build
your own file to permit its execution.

To fix this, you would have to build your own security definition file for
xnmloadmib2.  cd to /usr/OV/security/C/Domain/registration and cp
xnmloadmib xnmloadmib2.  Then edit the
/usr/OV/security/C/Domain/registration/xnmloadmib2 file and change all
internal occurrences of  xnmloadmib to xnmloadmib2.
Then invoke nvsec_admin.  You should see the file you just created in the
list of security files as the last one.  Select it.  Then in the group
section, select the group you want it added to, the one you use when you
log in, and click the "Add/Chg" button and then "OK" when the next panel
pops up to confirm your choice.
Exit nvsec_admin.  You may have to log out and then back in again to
enable the change.

Problems or concerns with this?  Then please open a problem ticket to
Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

colin.quadros@citicorp.com
10/03/2002 08:45 AM