Re: [nv-l] Réf : Re: [nv-l] Name resolution in Map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Réf : Re: [nv-l] Name resolution in Map
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:44:46 -0500
Everyone should see this

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
----- Forwarded by James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM on 11/19/2002 08:44 AM -----

Leslie Clark
11/18/2002 09:02 PM

        To:     James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
        cc:
        From:   Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS

Don't forget about which interface the node was discovered by.
Perhaps Netview discovered it by the nearest serial, and you
have only resolved the loopback or the ethernet in the /etc/hosts
file. You can correct this by adding entries for the same name
with additional addresses. Then demandpoll. Remember
that the first entry in /etc/hosts prevails.

Detroit

James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
11/15/2002 09:21 AM