Re: [nv-l] Authentication Failures

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Authentication Failures
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:15:04 -0500
No source?  Then it may be internal -- generated by your own box.

On AIX you an always set logging level=3 in /etc/snmpd.conf and then snmpd
will show you the origin and contents of every incoming packet, in the
snmpd.log which is also specified in that file, so you can put it wherever
you have space.  If someone is sending querying you with a bad community
name, that's how you can find out whom.

Just change the parameters, and then stop and restart snmpd:
stopsrc -s snmpd
startsrc -s snmpd

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

reamd@Nationwide.com
11/18/2002 03:27 PM