RE: [nv-l] Authentication Failures

To: <reamd@Nationwide.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Authentication Failures
From: "Carl Hopkins" <Carl_Hopkins@cpr.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:35:12 -0500
Cc: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
If you are looking for the source IP that caused the event, as opposed to the
source IP from the reporting agent, you may find it in a MIB on the agent.

We use Cisco Routers and I know with them, there is a MIB under
private.enterprise.cisco.local.lsystem.authAddr.

This MIB contains the IP of the last SNMP authorization failure

Good luck.

Carl Hopkins
Canadian Pacific