Re: [nv-l] [SNMP] agent on AIX - A little off subject

To: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] [SNMP] agent on AIX - A little off subject
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:26:57 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Don --

Sorry but I don't know about AIX 5.2 specifically.  But you might be able
to run a standard iptrace specifying port 161/udp to keep the output
small, and format it with iprpt so you can see what's what.  There are man
pages on both commands.  You could match that with the snmp.log if you
cannot quite make out what MIB variable is being asked for.

On Windows, I think your best bet might also be a packet capture tool as
well.  Our Level 2 folks tell me that Ethereal is good and it is free off
the web.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
11/20/2002 09:15 AM