Re: [nv-l] [SNMP] agent on AIX - A little off subject

To: "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] [SNMP] agent on AIX - A little off subject
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:57:50 +0100
Donald,

I haven't seen AIX 5.2 until now so I cannot help you with point 1.
But ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/) is a great open source sniffer that
also runs on Windows.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Davis, Donald"      |
|         |           <donald.davis@firstci|
|         |           tizens.com>          |
|         |                                |
|         |           20.11.2002 15:15     |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                                    |
  |       cc:
                                    |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] [SNMP] agent on AIX - A little off subject
                                    |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Good morning list:
I have 2 questions for you this morning.

NetView Server:
AIX: 5.2
NV: 7.1.3

I am receiving many authentication failures in NetView that I am trying to
track down.
I have configured snmpd with logging LEVEL=3 to capture everything to a log
file.
The source address of the bad SNMP request is not logged as it was on AIX
4.3.3.

1. Is something misconfigured or has this feature been removed from the AIX
v5 SNMP agent?

2. Does anyone know of a utility to capture this data in the windows
environment?

Regards,
Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank