Re: [nv-l] Migrating from Netview 6.0.3 to 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Migrating from Netview 6.0.3 to 7.1
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:49:25 -0500
>> I've been rather floored with how detailed the NetView release notes
>> are.  Often it's the only place things are documented.

That's right, at least until the next version or major release comes
along.  We are only allotted documentation support at those times, and
currently there is a process in place to take all the accumulated changes
in the Release Notes and DOC APARs and roll them into the next iteration
of the product documentation (which includes man pages, pdf files, and
on-line help html files), but in-between major releases, the only place we
can put documentation changes is in the Release Notes.  So those who do
not read them carefully, are doomed to miss something important
eventually.  As Walter Cronkite used to say, "And that's the way it is . .
."

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
11/06/2002 12:03 PM
Please respond to nv-l