Re: [nv-l] How to handle HSRP addresses in DNS.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to handle HSRP addresses in DNS.
From: "Dietmar Gaulhofer" <DIETMAR_GAULHOFER@at.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:00:23 +0100
Hi,

I think its not a good idea to put in virtual-ip-addresses to DNS/Hosts. In
a "perfect world" HSRP IP's should be shown on that
router-object who is actually "holding" it. And if there is an HSRP move
from Router A to B - your "name resolution"
will then be to the "wrong" Router - and then is the question who "wins" -
the HSRP function check
with this special MAC address, or the Name Resolution.....

reg,

Dietmar

"Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com> on 06.11.2002 15:43:26