Re: [nv-l] Graph Collected Data in Realtime

To: ozcan@sibnet.com.tr
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Graph Collected Data in Realtime
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 07 Nov 2002 09:43:29 -0600
Cc: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
ozcan@sibnet.com.tr writes:
> Hi ,
>
> NetView gives this error message when I add this application.
>
>       message: Select graph and receive error 'Nothing to graph. Verify
> SNMP Agents are
>                  running on requested nodes and that the  MIB variables
> requested are
>                  supported by that agent. Use MIB Browser or snmpwalk(1)
> command to verify'.

Sometimes it takes a while for the collector to start doing its
thing.

> I can not understand why netview gives a message like this because I
> do not want to see historical data. I want to see realtime data.

Then you will want to use a good realtime performance tool, not a
fault management tool.

NetView excels at fault management.  It is not nor likely will it ever
be a good historical or real-time performance reporting tool.  It has
historical performance graphing capabilities, but they are of the "gas
pedal and brakes" variety.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.