Re: [nv-l] Graph Collected Data in Realtime

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Graph Collected Data in Realtime
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:18:11 -0500
The MIB Application Builder allows you to create graphing tools. However,
it
does not support expressions. You can get around that, however. I learned
how
from Bernard Disselborg in a tip on this forum. Add this to
/usr/OV/registration/C,
and restart the map, and it will add the menu selection it defines. I've
used
variations on this for all sorts of expressions.

A hand-built mib appl that uses a mib expression:

/* Created by: Triple P - Bernard Disselborg Date: 22-10-99 16:56:31 */
Application "ifutil" : "mibgraph"
{ Version "1.0";
    Description
      { "SNMP MIB Monitoring Application",
      "Created by:", " Triple P - Bernard Disselborg",
      " Date: 991022", }
    Copyright { "All rights reserved",}

MenuBar "Performance"
{
"Network Activity" f.menu "Performance->Network Activity";
}

Menu

"Performance->Network Activity"
{
   "Interface Utilisation" f.action "ifutil";
}
 Action "ifutil"
  {
   SelectionRule (isSNMPSupported)||(isSNMPProxied);
   MinSelected 1;
   Command "xnmgraph \ -title \"Ethernet Interface Utilisation:
${OVwSelections}\"  \
      -units \"Percent\"           \
      -poll \"10s\"                \
      -mib \"If%util::::::::\"     \
      ${OVwSelections}";
  }
}

Detroit

                      OZCAN

                      CAVUS@sibnet.com.        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      tr                       cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Graph Collected
Data in Realtime
                      11/04/2002 09:26

                      AM

Hi all,

I can graph many information from NetView like "IfInoctets".  I mention
that if I can graph an information which I write the formula like "Local
Area Network Interface Percent Utilization" in realtime . I write its
formula to the mibexpr.conf. Does anybody know how can I graph this
information in realtime?

Thanks.

ÖZCAN ÇAVUŞ

SIBNET BILGISAYAR
Atatürk Cad,Ulya Engin iş merkezi No:68/8 Kat:5
Kozyatağı, Kadıköy ISTANBUL