[nv-l] Discovery NetView 7.1.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Discovery NetView 7.1.2
From: "Owens, Blaine C - Eastman" <bowens@eastman.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:56:51 -0500
Fresh install of 7.1.2 - NetView is not discovering any of our WAN. I have
removed the seedfile, the results with regard to our WAN is the same.
NetView discovers the subnets needed to discover our WAN and manages the
subnets but never picks up any WAN devices unless I specifically put the
device in the seedfile (when I was using a seedfile). I can ping and SNMP
walk the WAN routers, etc.

Maybe this has changed - in prior versions of NetView a demandpoll resulted
in a "Get ARP table for discovering secondary interfaces" and subsequently
simply a "Get ARP table". I thought this second get ARP table was a key to
discovery. The new version only does the "Get ARP table for discovering
secondary interfaces".

Does anybody have any ideas?

Blaine Owens