Re: [nv-l] Name resolution in Map

Subject: Re: [nv-l] Name resolution in Map
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:36:18 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Does your /usr/OV/bin have an executable called nvgethost?  if so, it does
the same kind of name resolution that NetView does -- gethostbyname and
gethostbyaddr.  Just type  "nvgethost  <name>"  and then  "nvgethost
<address>".  They should give you the same result.  If they don't, then
your /etc/host file is incorrect for that name and address.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

bducharme@avdl.com
11/14/2002 09:37 AM