Re: [nv-l] map startup

To: John.Boswell@us.ngrid.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] map startup
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:47:16 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
see the man page on the netview command
  netview  -ro | -rw  -map <map_name>

Since "default" is the name of the default map, we do not recommend that
you delete it, for this very reason

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

John.Boswell@us.ngrid.com
11/21/2002 11:35 AM

        To:     Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
        cc:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

What I found was that my new id was trying to startup using a map named
default....I have no map named default... we utilize tivoli desktop  and I
was able to point it to another map.....another question I have is if I
wasn't  using Tivoli Desktop how could I point the id to another map....I
had been trying to bring map up locally on the netview server......