[nv-l] [TDS] Netview guides with DB2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] [TDS] Netview guides with DB2
From: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:42:55 -0500
Guys,

There has been some talking about this TDS product several time on the list
and each time it was said that it is in end of life.
Is it still available ? What exactly does it do ?
if the product is end of life, what is the replacement ?

Here is what I need to accomplish:

1)
 I need to generate report on the "availability" of the devices on the
network. Basically we need to know how long time each device was
Down/Unreachable each month. A nice to have would be to report on
"services" being down instead of just devices. That mean if only one of two
redundant box is down at a time then there is no outage and it should not
be reported.

I saw the email from Leslie a few days ago on the subject and I was
wondering if the solution really is to develop a script to analyse the
trapd.log and generate a report.
Is there no Tivoli tools to do that ?
does someone have an existing script that he would share ?

2)
I also need to report on latency on the network. I could of course build a
script that ping each device every 10 minutes or so. But it would do the
same that Netview is already doing..... did somebody experiment in
extracting that information from Netview ?
I see that the netmon.trace contain the date each ping is sent and received

Thanks,
Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services