Re: [nv-l] Netview user password

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview user password
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:05:27 +0100
This is more a Windows but a NetView question ;-)

To change the password of the user .... you already knows this:
net use netview NewPassword

To change the password of the netview service accordingly
you need a tool from the W2000 Resource Kit: sc.exe (Service  Controller
Tool)
The syntax would be:
sc config netview password= NewPassword

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

|         |           awatthey@mmm.com |
|         |           11.12.2002 08:53 |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                    |
  |       cc:
                                    |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Netview user password
                                    |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Tivoli Netview 7.1 on Windows 2000 SP3.

Part of the installation of Tivoli Netview adds the userid NETVIEW with a
password requested as part of the installation.  The installation also
installs the Netview service which is set to automatically start and logon,
not using LOCALUSER, but using this NETVIEW userid and password.

Due to security requirements, I need to change this password occasionally
and I am looking for a command line utility that will change the definition
of the service installed by Netview so that it uses the new password (the
userid remains the same).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Alan.