Re: [nv-l] Mass deletions of objects in db's & maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Mass deletions of objects in db's & maps
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:29:40 -0600

Julie,

Via command line you could create a SmartSet of those objects via a script.
Then it makes the map function of choosing those objects and deleting them
from all submaps a lot easier.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
11400 Burnet Road   Austin, TX  78758
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                      Julie V

                      Opheim/Minneapoli        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      s/IBM@IBMUS              cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Mass deletions
of objects in
                      12/11/2002 11:00          db's & maps

                      AM

NetView 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3

We are going to be making some mass deletions of network objects that we
manage.

We update our seedfile nightly and have scripted the deletions into this
nightly update.

BUT, anyone know of a way to script deleting these objects from the NetView
databases and maps?

Just looking for a quicker way to update things rather than doing this
manually.

Thanks.
Julie

Julie V Opheim