RE: [nv-l] Copying Netview "/usr/OV" directorie to another server (imag

To: "'wvevans@prodigy.net'" <wvevans@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Copying Netview "/usr/OV" directorie to another server (image)
From: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:23:13 -0500
Cc: "Netview - List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

Hi, if i understand, i must install a brand new installation of netview 7.1 before doing what you tell me?

If not, Can I do this?

1-       copy the entire “/usr/OV” directories in my new server

2-       overwrites /usr/OV/conf (with the tar file) in my new server

3-       overwrites /usr/OV/databases (with the pax file) in my new server

+ reset_ci command...

And by this way I won’t be oblige to install a new installation of netview

Thanks

Dominic