RE: [nv-l] AIX SNMP Configuration

Subject: RE: [nv-l] AIX SNMP Configuration
From: "Stringfellow, William" <William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:37:46 -0800
Jane,
        If you have "monitor" or "topas" on your NetView server (I'm on
AIX), it is very educational to watch the different things happening on the
server.  I am responding to your "Not sure whether NetView does" comment in
regards to talking to itself on the loopback.  YES it does continuously.  If
netmon, trapd, or any of the other daemons get busy you will see the I/O
rate go up on the loopback while the different processes talk to each other
and to the database.

                Try it and see,
                Bill