Re: [nv-l] Mib Expression

To: wagnergc <wagnergc@itautec-philco.com.br>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Mib Expression
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 18 Dec 2002 09:40:37 -0600
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
wagnergc <wagnergc@itautec-philco.com.br> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I want to make a MIB expression using the mibexpr.conf this way:
>
> The mib is the following:
>
> mib-
> 2.host.hrSWRunPerf.hrSWRunPerfTable.hrSWRunPerfEntry.hrSWRunPerfM
>
> em.1 : 16
>
> This mib indicates the memory used in the process #1: System
> Idle Process in Windows...
>
> But what i wanted to do is to totalize the memory used in all
> the processes... like doing a snmpwalk in the mib-
> 2.host.hrSWRunPerf.hrSWRunPerfTable.hrSWRunPerfEntry.hrSWRunPerfM
>
> em tree and then totalize the values to get the total memory
> used...
>
> Does anyone knows how to do it????

To the best of my knowledge, the mib data collector doesn't have the
ability to do a total like you describe among all instances in an snmp
table.

I'm afraid the only answer I know of involves writing a simple shell
or Perl script that calls snmpwalk, pulls off the numbers, adds em up,
and calls postemsg or whatever alerting you want, and sticking it in
cron.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.