Re: [nv-l] refresh Mib-Application

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] refresh Mib-Application
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:11:11 -0500

I don't think you can. Generally, any changes made to the menus
require a reload of the gui to read and validate those changes. The MIB
Application Builder is a special case, and a really nice feature of
Netview.
Since the gui is used to build the extention to the menu, the gui knows
about
the change and makes it available immediately. You might have noticed that
such changes cause the addition/change to appear at the bottom of the
Monitor menu, but on a restart of the gui they appear in a sorted fashion.
So it is doing one thing on the fly, and another thing on reload. If you
manipulate the registration files from the outside, the gui has no way
of knowing about it.

Further, if you make any changes that are not supported by the MIB
Application Builder, then those changes will be undone the next time you
launch the MIB Application Builder.  When I want to use the MIB Application
Builder as a starting point and then modify the output (eg to do something
that it cannot do for me), I modify the output and move it up into the
/usr/OV/registration/C directory so that the MIB Application Builder can
no longer touch it. That, of course, requires that I restart the gui.

Detroit

                      "M.Haseneder"

                      <Martina.Hasenede        To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      r@datev.de>              cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [nv-l] refresh
Mib-Application
                      12/27/2002 10:30

                      AM

Hi Thomas,
thank you very much for your help, but this is not what I wanted:

I make changes on mib-applications by vi and like to run the new
appl-version in the gui.
But the gui calls the old application-config file until you reload the
whole gui.
There must be another way.

Thanks
Martina