Re: [nv-l] Difference between Demand Poll and Object Information

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Difference between Demand Poll and Object Information
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:30:16 -0500
Todd is suggesting that you try to narrow down the differences.  We can
only guess the details from what you have posted so far.

Do you specify the community name with snmpwalk or use what's in
xnmsnmpconf as the GUI version of demand poll does?

Does it time out with the command line "nmdemandpoll <nodename>" or just
from the GUI?
If nmdemandpoll works from the command line, but demand poll fails from
the GUI, then I suspect that your firewall is doing it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"M.Haseneder" <Martina.Haseneder@datev.de>
12/27/2002 10:52 AM