Re: [nv-l] transferring topology maps

To: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] transferring topology maps
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:41:13 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

ovstop will not stop the nvsecd daemon. You would need to do an "ovstop nvsecd".

You should probably reload the databases after stopped all daemons including nvsecd. This time, use the pax command as follows:
pax -rvf archive_file_db.tar -pe

Run "reset_ci". You will probably find that the map-hostname combination is automatically updated by the reset_ci command. Check using "ovwls".

Restart the daemons using "/etc/netnmrc"
Start you GUI using "netview"

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>

02/05/2003 05:12 PM