Re: [nv-l] mlm

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] mlm
From: Bill Evans <wvevans@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:12:57 -0500
I think we're seeing two things in this area; here's two cents worth of opinion
  • MLM 5.0.4 and  5.1.5 were distributed with NetView 6.0.  When it was updated for Version 7 the numbering was brought into conformance.  I have a file copy of the PDF for 5.0.4 I used with NV 6.0 but there isn't a copy on the Tivoli web site anymore.
  • NetView Version 7 restructured and renamed documents.  In 7.0 the document is named "Configuration" instead of "Installation and Configuration".
    •  I think that was because most installation material is covered in the Release Notes and the Administrator's Guide.
    •  Besides, I think installation is trivial; it's the configuration of the product -- pre and post installation -- which is my bread and butter as a consultant.  When I taught the NetView for Unix for Administrators classes most of the installation task was setting up the Tivoli Framework and the whole install was done by Monday lunch.  Then we got down to work
Bill Evans  --  Consultant in Enterprise Systems Management
reply-to: wvevans@prodigy.net

reamd@Nationwide.com wrote:
I don't believe they had one for Version 6..  They had the MLM User Guide
for Verson 5 and 7.. I think they may skip documentation for newer versions
when there in no change for that particular subject. Example: There is no
Installation and Configuration Manual for Version 7...     My opinion!!

                          JAMES Robin
                          <robin.james@eurocontro  To:   "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                          l.int>                   cc:
                                                   bcc:
                                                   Subject:                                          [nv-l] mlm

                          02/14/2003 03:40 AM

Does anyone know if I can get a pdf version of the MLM manual for Netview
6. I have looked at the Tivoli site and could only find the manual for
version 7.

Thanks
Robin

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and
intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment
on the part of EUROCONTROL unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed
hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)