RE: [nv-l] Linux SNMP agent problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Linux SNMP agent problem
From: Helder Garcia <helder@vanguard-it.com.br>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 11:58:05 -0300
Hi Davis,

First of all, you have to use ucd-snmp and not net-snmp package.
I installed Netview 7.1.3 in a Red Hat 8.0 virtual machine. I did
configure the snmp with defaults, because it was just a test.

I used the snmpconf utility to configure it. I guess this utility cames
with ucd-snmp-utils package (I dont remember exactly). Anyway, Im
sending my snmpd.conf attached.
Just FYI, I used ucd-snmp version 4.2.4-3.
dont forget to install Xvfb, pdksh (the version that cames in Netview
CD), binutils, and xinetd or inetd.

Good luck,

--
Helder Garcia