Re: FW: [nv-l] NV713: read only maps..

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: FW: [nv-l] NV713: read only maps..
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:59:29 -0500
The map will be read-only if NetView thinks that it belongs to another
machine.
There are commands you can use to manipulate the map.
Start with ovwls Read the man page.   "ovwls -a"  will list all the maps
on your machine and who owns them.  If the hostname given is the old box,
then change it with mapadmin.  Again read the man page.    " mapadmin  -u
<hostname> " will set the owning host to your box if you give it the
proper hostname.
If  that's correct, how about the permissions lists with ovwls?   The man
page on ovwls also discusses ovwperms, which allows you to change them,
and you can do "ovwls -?" to see usage notes.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Mithun Prakash Prabhu" <Mithun_Prabhu@infosys.com>
03/05/2003 07:19 AM