Re: [nv-l] How to control the amount of characters allowed in an event f

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to control the amount of characters allowed in an event field
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:15:46 -0500
It is difficult to tell just exactly what your problem is for your
description  -- there's not enough detail about exactly what you are
doing.
But the only place you can seriously affect trap formatting is in
trapd.conf.   And your options there are explained in the man page for
that.
Basically, there is no additional formatting for fields.

But I have not heard of trapd truncating variables before.

So is the problem that the variable is truncated in the event window or in
your script?
If in your script, how are you passing the variables?
When the variable contains more than one word you must enclose it within
quotation marks, as for example
        /usr/OV/bin/myscipt  $2 "$3"  $6

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"DiIulio, Daniel" <Daniel.DiIulio@DigitalNet.com>
03/05/2003 08:14 AM