Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.3 Fixpack 1 on RedHat 7.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.3 Fixpack 1 on RedHat 7.2
From: "John M Gatrell" <John.Gatrell@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:09:37 +0000
Yes, I have been running NV 7.1.3 + fixpack 1 on RedHat 7.2 for
about a week now.  It's installed on a dual proc IBM x330 with raid disks.
Mostly it's working as well as the AIX version I tried.
Some of the SNMP fields showed by right-click, 'Display Object Properties'
seem to have extra characters
on the end.  I have installed all the RedHat update patches for 7.2.
I was disappointed to see that not only can the linux version not install
MLM's,
it can't make use of existing MLM's either.  The menu option to enable use
of MLM's
is missing.

Let me know if you need a list of installed rpm's and versions, or email me
direct.

John Gatrell, B.A. Physics, CCNA
RMSC - IBM UK's Remote Managed Services Centre
Tel:  01932-81-4732 Internal 814732
Email john.gatrell@uk.ibm.com