[nv-l] NetView to TEC slot mappings - severity

Subject: [nv-l] NetView to TEC slot mappings - severity
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:51:41 +0000
The addtrap documentation says that, regardless of the NetView variable to TEC slot mappings you specify, the source, sub_source, origin and hostname slots are reserved and automatically included in the TEC event.

I have NV 7.1.3 FP 1 on AIX, with TEC 3.8. I am finding that the NetView severity value is also mapped automatically to the TEC severity slot, with the following severity mappings:
NetView         TEC
Cleared            HARMLESS
Indeterminate   UNKNOWN
Warning            WARNING
Minor               MINOR
Critical              CRITICAL
Major               FATAL

Anyone know whether this is accidental and may disappear, or design and not documented (or documented elsewhere)?
Thanks,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights