[nv-l] HACMP vs. backup managers

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] HACMP vs. backup managers
From: "Cowan, Christopher" <Christopher_Cowan@sra.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:37:11 -0500
I'll be the first to admit that it has been over 6 years since I used the
functionality.  But, I am always amazed that I see nobody using Backup
Managers.  I constantly see people using HACMP (particularly in a passive,
active config).

It worked flawlessly for me, and even migrated over my MLMs.    The only
pain was the setup and generating containers, and handling the MLMs.   It
should even easier now that you have the ability to automatically generate
containers using location.conf, have the APM with the SmartSet tie-in, and
rulesets.

I guess I'm just curious, and wonder if people don't know about the feature,
or was there a bug or problem introduced that scared people away from it?

--
Chris Cowan
Sr. ESM Consultant